Short Invocations


Short Invocations

The Triune God
·       “My God and my all.”
·       “My God, my only Good, Thou art all mine; may I be always Thine.”
·       “Blessed be the Name of the Lord!”
·       “My God, make us to be of one mind in the truth and of one heart in charity.”
·       “Teach me, O Lord, to do Thy will, for Thou art my God.”
·       “O God, be merciful to me, the sinner.”
·       “O God, Thou are all-powerful, make me a saint.”
·       “Into Thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.”
·       “O God, come unto my assistance: O Lord, make haste to help me.”
·       “Vouchsafe, O Lord, this day (or this night) to keep us without sin.”
·       “Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies.”
·       “Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.”
·       “From all sin deliver me, O Lord.”
·       “All through Thee, with Thee, and in Thee, O my God!”
·       “Lord, save us, we perish!”
·       “Thy will be done!”
·       “Lod, I am nothing, but, although nothing, I adore Thee.”
·       “Lord, I am my own enemy, when I seek my peace apart from Thee.”
·       “Lord, increase my faith.”
·       “My God, I love Thee.”
·       “O my soul, love the Love that loves Thee from eternity.”

God the Son
·       “Jesus”
·       “My Jesus, mercy.”
·       “Sweetest Jesus, be not my Judge, but my Savior.”
·       “Jesus, my God, I love Thee above all things.”
·       “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.”
·       “O Jesus, the friend of little children, bless the little children of the whole world.”
·       “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
·       “Blessed be Jesus Christ and His most pure Mother.”
·       “Jesus, for love of Thee, with Thee and for Thee.”
·       “O Jesus, with all my heart I cling to Thee.”
·       “O Jesus, be to me Jesus, and save me.”
·       “Christ Jesus, my helper and my Redeemer.”
·       “O Jesus, grant that I may be Thine, wholly Thine, forever Thine.”
·       “Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, grant us Thy peace.”
·       “Blessed be the most holy Name of Jesus without end!”

Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
·       “My Lord and my God.”
·        “Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, have mercy on us.”
·        “Praise and adoration ever more be given to the most holy Sacrament.”
·       “O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine! All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.”
·       “I adore Thee every moment, O living Bread from heaven, Great Sacrament!”
·       “Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.”
·       “Hail true Body born of Mary the Virgin.”

Acts of Adoration
·       “Jesus, My God, I adore Thee here present in the Sacrament of Thy love.”

Prayers Before Communion
·       “As the heart panteth after the water-springs, so paneth my soul after Thee, O God.”
·       “Come, O Lord and tarry not.”
·       “The Body of Our Lord Jesus Christ preserve my soul unto everlasting life.” Amen

Jesus Crucified
·       “Hail, O Cross, our only hope.”
·       “By thy sign of the holy cross, deliver us from our enemies, O our God.”
·       “Holy Mother, pierce me through; In my heart each wound renew of my Savior crucified.”
·       “O good Jesus, within Thy wounds hide me.”

Acts of Adoration and Thanksgiving
·       “We adore thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee; because by Thy holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.”
·       “Lord, I give Thee thanks for that Thou didst die upon the Cross for my sins.”

Sacred Heart
·       “May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be loved in every place.”
·       “Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may ever love Thee more.”
·       “Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of Thee.”
·       “Heart of Jesus, I put my trust in Thee.”
·       “Jesus meek and humble of heart, make our heart like unto Thine.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy kingdom come.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me.”
·       “Glory, love and thanksgiving be to the Sacred Heart of Jesus!”
·       “Sweet Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us and on our erring brethren.”
·       “All for Thee, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, mayest Thou be known, loved, and imitated.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect our families.”
·       “Sweet heart of Jesus, be my love.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I give myself to Thee through Mary.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, let me love Thee and make Thee loved.”
·       “Sacred Heart of Jesus, covert all poor blasphemers!”
·       “Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.”
·       “Sweet Heart of Jesus, grant that I may love Thee more and more.”

Christ the King
·       “Jesus, King and center of all hearts, by the coming of Thy kingdom, grant us peace.”
·       “Christ conquers! Christ reigns! Christ commands!”

Holy Family
·       “Jesus, Mary, and Joseph”
·       “Jesus, Mary, and Joseph most kind, Bless us now and in death’s agony.”

The Holy Ghost
·       “God the Holy Ghost, have mercy on us.”
·       “Make the grace of the Holy Spirit enlighten our senses and our hearts.”

Mary
·       “Mary”
·       “Our Lady of (or any approved title), pray for us.”
·       “My Mother, deliver me from mortal sin.”
·       “Mother of love, of sorrow and of mercy, pray for us.”
·       “Holy Mary, deliver us from the pains of hell.”
·       “My Mother, my hope/confidence.”
·       “O Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, make us saints.”
·       “Mother of Mercy, pray for us.
·       “O Mary, Virgin Mother of God, pray to Jesus for me
·       “O Mary, make me live in God, with God, and for God.”
·       “Bless us, Mary Maiden mild, bless us too, her tender Child.”
·       “Draw us after thee, holy Mother.”
·       “Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.”
·       “Holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God, intercede for me.”
·       “Rejoice, O virgin Mary, thou alone hast put down all heresies in the whole world.”
·       “O Mary, may thy children persevere in loving thee.”
·       “O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. And for those who do not have recourse to thee. Especially the freemasons and those commended to thee.”
·       “By thine Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my spirit holy.”
·       “Mary most sorrowful, Mother of Christians, pray for us.”
·       “Virgin most sorrowful, pray for us.”
·       “Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.”
·       “O Queen, who art the beauty of Carmel, pray for us.”
·       “Mother of Perpetual Help, pray for us!”
·       “Immaculate Queen of Peace, pray for us.”
·       “Queen of the Apostles, pray for us.”

Holy Angels
·       “St. Michael, first champion of the Kingship of Christ, pray for us.”
St. Joseph
·       “Grant us dear Joseph, to run life’s pathway in innocent fashion: May we forever be safe under thy blest patronage.”
·       “O St. Joseph, foster father of our Lord Jesus Christ and true spouse of Mary the Virgin, pray for us.”

The Saints
·       St. Stanislaus, pray for us.”
·       “Lowly St. Philip, make intercession to the immaculate Virgin Mother of God for me.”
·       “St. Joan of Arc, Apostle of the kingship of Christ, pray for us.
·       “O St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, Patroness of the Missions, pray for us.”

Faithful Departed
·       “Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen”
·       “Merciful Lord Jesus, grant them everlasting rest.”

For Vocations
·       “O Mary, Queen of the clergy, pray for us; obtain for us many and holy priests.”
·       “O Lord, grant unto Thy Church saintly priests and fervent religious.”
·       “Send forth, O Lord, laborers into Thy harvest.”

For Conversion
·       “Savior of the world, save Russia.”

For a Happy Death
·       “Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I give you my heart and soul.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, assist me in my last agony.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, let me breathe forth my spirit in peace with you.”

Sanctification of the Clergy
·       “Jesus, Savior of the world, sanctify Thy priests and sacred ministers.”

Thanksgiving
·       “We give Thee thanks, Almighty God, for all Thy blessings: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.”

While volunteering help at a church
·       “Jesus, the way, the truth, and the life, have mercy on us.”

Prayer for Continence
·       “Let my heart, O Lord, be made immaculate, that I may not be ashamed.”
·       “Make my heart and my body clean, holy Mary.”

Time of Trial
·       “Regard, O Lord, our humility and forsake us not in the time of tribulation.”
·       “I deserve to suffer these things, O Lord, for I have sinned.”
·       “From all dangers, deliver us, O Lord.”

For Candidates for Priesthood
·       “O good Jesus, grant that I may become a priest after Thine own heart.”
·       “St. Aloysius, exemplar of clerics and their protector, pray for me.”

For Teachers
·       “Seat of Wisdom, pray for us.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fr Rafferty meeting with Sr. Lucia

The Cross of Amazing Grace (most indulgenced medal ever)

Defending Divine Mercy